Business development representative – ASEAN regionBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group of companies. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We design and build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance. We execute both green- and brownfield projects of different sizes with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 170 employees (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Thailand and the US.
As a professional in sales and commercial hunter/fixer at heart, you are passionate about networking and seeking out for commercial leads within well-defined niches in the process industry (Chemical and Food). We are looking for you to develop a solid and long-term commercial relationship with existing and potential clients in the ASEAN region. You will represent the organization by being the commercial face and first point of contact of the team. When prospects or customers have a new project, they will contact you for your technical advise and expertise. You can count on your internal sales colleagues to follow-up your leads and help translate the customer need into a perfect solution. In order to excel you closely follow-up market trends and perform in-depth analysis related to opportunities for J-Tec.
You will report to and work closely with the the Sales Director Asia who will support and guide you and take care of your personal development
- You have several years of relevant experience in B2B sales, preferably in the process engineering business.
- You know the ASEAN region and have already prospected and accomplished business here.
- Your approach is customer-oriented and assertive, with a long-term vision and a commercial ‘flair’. Quality and sustainability are always on top of your mind.
- You have technical affinity and interest.
- You can work independent and are a true team player. Because of the nature of your work you are flexible and solution driven with a creative mindset
- Thai-speaking candidates are preferred. Good knowledge of another Asian language is an asset. A good command of the English language both verbally and in writing is very important.
- You possess an international driver's license.
- Travelling abroad is part of your job and is an enrichment for you.
- A highly qualified position in a progressive environment, where personal development is encouraged and important.
- Internal and external technical training to specialize in our business and support the growth of your skills and competences.
- The opportunity to be part of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues in a company with an open and no-nonsense culture.
- The familiar character of our company combined with the shared passion for technology provides a unique dynamic between employees and management.
- A varied function in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.