Construction coordinatorBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 150 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
As construction coordinator you will be responsible for the preparation and follow-up of the ongoing works on the various construction sites. You will be part of the construction team and will work closely with the construction manager, the international site construction managers and the local logistics team. Your key responsibilities will be focused on managing the total coordination of the construction activities.
- Provide the project team all construction services and required deliverables for the construction phase.
- Development of Construction Execution Plans, site mobilization plans, construction scopes and linked bid packages.
- Conduct constructability reviews to facilitate the construction works.
- Develop construction plannings to synchronize activities.
- Audit and select potential contractors for execution of the works.
- Negotiate and optimize contractor scopes and prepare price comparisons.
- Assist the HSE-manager with the development of HSE plans and preparation of HSE related tasks ( LOTO, LMRA, Toolboxes,…)
- Assist the site manager during the installation phase.
- Visit client sites.
- You possess a technical degree from a higher education (Bachelor) or relevant experience.
- Preferably you have experience with mechanical construction, the corresponding materials, safety and quality regulations.
- You like to work in a team and consult with colleagues.
- You are organizationally strong and work in a structured way. This allows you to process the administration efficiently with MS Office, Sharepoint and other internal programs.
- You have strong communication skills and speak fluent Dutch and English, knowledge of German is an asset.
- A challenging function in a professional and progressive environment, where personal development is important.
- A varied position in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- Internal and external training to specialise in our business and support the growth of your skills and competences.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with experienced and highly motivated colleagues.
- An attractive and competitive salary package.