Electrical engineerBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 150 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
As an electrical engineer, you will be responsible for the electrical schematics of the process installations J-Tec creates. Your work will be based on process & component data provided by the internal project team. Your responsibilities will be diverse. Designing the electrical drawings in EPlan and SEE is one of your main priorities. For this, you will consult with the dedicated project team, the customer and other external partners about the specifications and design. You ensure the purchase of the right electrical components as well as the delivery.
You will also be responsible for reviewing the electrical and instrument panels at our suppliers and our clients. During commissioning of the installations you will also be involved.
- In possession of a higher technical degree or you’ve gained the needed skills through previous work experiences.
- Several years of relevant experience is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of: design of electrical drawings, legislation concerning electrical installations (AREI & EN), materials used in highly explosive areas, and PLC in general (not programming)
- Willing to work abroad for short periods of time.
- Besides knowledge of Dutch, a strong knowledge of English.
- Like us, you believe in creative solutions, continuous improvement, teamwork, and responsibility.
- An exciting job in a steady and professional environment where personal growth is important.
- In-house and external training to support growth of your skills and talent.
- A job in a growing, international company with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines
- A team of highly motivated colleagues
- An attractive salary package.