Project manager commissioningBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group of companies. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We design and build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance. We execute both green- and brownfield projects of different sizes with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 170 employees (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Thailand and the US.
As a Project manager commissioning you are responsible for analyzing, organizing and managing commissioning activities for major projects. You are the link between the customer, the project team and the onsite commissioning team for all the commissioning activities. Your tasks will vary according to the specific requirements of each project.
- Manage, guide & control the commissioning and start-up activities.
- Elaborate the commissioning and start-up strategy & procedures in line with the project philosophies.
- Generate commissioning schedules together with the commissioning coordinator.
- Analysis of the commissioning activities in the preparation of the project scope.
- The commissioning team consists of electrical, automation and commissioning engineers who all actively participate in the project.
- As a Project Manager commissioning you own a higher technical degree (Bachelor / Master).
- You have knowledge and relevant experience of commissioning. You know how to manage the commissioning of a large project and bring it to a successful completion together with all parties involved.
- You have experience in working on major projects (+/- 30 million).
- You have good communication skills and speak fluently Dutch and English. Knowledge of German is an asset.
- You know how to keep an overview at all times and possess strong organizational skills. You can work independently and at all times keep focus on the planning and progress of the project.
- You are willing to travel abroad in preparation and during the commissioning phase of the project.
- You will be part of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues and have a challenging function in a professional and progressive environment, where personal development is important.
- Internal and external training to specialise in our business and support the growth of your skills and competences.
- A varied position in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- Future international job opportunities.
- An attractive and competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits: company car, meal vouchers (8€ / day), eco cheques (250€ / year), bicycle lease, ...
- Autonomy in the organization and fulfilment of your responsibilities, flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.