Technical administrative employeeBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group of companies. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We design and build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance. We execute both green- and brownfield projects of different sizes with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 170 employees (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Thailand and the US.
You will be able to use both your technical and administrative skills in this versatile role and have various internal and external contacts. As a part of the warehouse and construction team you will be the link between the two and the rest of the organization. You will be responsible for the purchase, rental and management of the grab stock, protection equipment for employees, electrical equipment and internal transport vehicles,…
Your colleagues will approach you when in need of specific equipment. It is your responsibility to supply them and ensure a correct follow-up. You are involved in the company’s safety, health and environment policy. This involves managing the technical inspections of lifting and hoisting equipment and ensuring the correct administrative processing. For projects on site you arrange the site supplies: for example a container, first aid kit, printer, coffee machine, etc.
Additionally, you like to roll up your sleeves to send and receive parcels and if necessary repack them. As a back-up, you are responsible for loading/unloading trucks or to help during busy periods. You are looking for a varied position where you can perform both administrative and operational tasks
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a site preparator, technical-administrative employee or technical-logistics assistant.
- You have general knowledge of mounting materials, work tools, safety equipment, instrumentation for assembly work etc.
- You are service-oriented and consider your colleagues as your internal customers whom you always try to help with a smile.
- You ensure a perfect administrative follow-up of your work and work in a structured and systematic way.
- You can work with the different MS Office tools and your Excel knowledge is advanced.
- You can drive a forklift truck and possess a certificate or you are willing to obtain one.
- You have experience in organizing construction sites.
- Experience in a warehouse environment is a plus.
- You consider safety and quality a priority in every entrusted responsibility.
- A very diverse position in a technical environment.
- A long-term commitment with an emphasis on personal development.
- Internal and external training to specialize in our business and support the growth of your skills and knowledge.
- A job within a growing international company with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- A team of highly motivated colleagues.
- An attractive and competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits: mealvouchers (8€ / day), ecocheques (250€ / year), bicycle lease, ...
- Flexibility in the organisation and fulfilment of your job, flexible working hours.