Project manager (with PE license)Back to overview
Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and strives to offer tailor-made solutions to its customers.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit, and offers material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry leaders in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We create value for our customers. These are no empty words for J-Tec, as our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance.
J-Tec is growing fast and already has offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand, Brazil and USA. This success is made possible by our international team of more than 140 employees (and counting).
This is a mid-level professional position for an individual with an engineering background and strong interpersonal skills, to strengthen our commercial activities.
The Project Manager takes all the decisions that are in the interest of and ensure an optimal course of the project. Depending on the size and content of the projects, the Project Manager supervises the different members of the project team.
- Coordinates the project team
- Ensures compliance with the procedures during the project
- Informs management and the account manager (the Sales Engineer concerned) about the course of the project
- Controls and adjusts the project planning
- Controls and adjusts the budget and accounts for and report deviations
- Does the project purchases in a maximally price-conscious manner
- Makes risk analysis, NFPA file
- Coordinates and decides on all engineering items of the project
- Coordinates the transport of the project
- Draws up the final punch list
- Signs the commissioning document
- Guarantee quality and safety throughout the project
- Suggest and negotiate contract variations, together with the Sales Engineer
- You’re in possession of an Engineering degree (bachelor/master)
- An active license as Professional Engineer
- You have the ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- MS Office has no secrets for you
- You have broad technical interests, both practical and theoretical and have a broad interest in process engineering
- Knowledge of PLC controlling systems is a plus
- You are a team player with great organizational skills
- You are independent, flexible and eager to learn
- You are prepared to go on short trips for projects and a 2 month training session in Belgium
- An exciting opportunity in a steady and professional environment where personal growth is important
- In-house and external training to support growth of your skills and talent
- A job in a growing, international company but with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines
- A team of highly motivated colleagues
- An attractive salary package, PTO and benefits
- Compensation will be based on experience