International commissioning engineerBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 150 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
J-Tec Material Handling is hiring and looking for a commissioning engineer for a fulltime position. You will be responsible for the inspection, testing and commissioning of complete process installations on a safe and highly qualified level. In this role you’ll be the crucial link between the customer and the internal organization.
In addition to commissioning of new installations, you will also be responsible for the technical support to delivered installations, either remotely or on location. You’ll report to the manager electrical engineering in Kapellen – Belgium.
- You possess a technical degree from a higher education (Bachelor) or similar by relevant experience.
- You have experience as a commissioning engineer, start-up engineer or service engineer.
- Because of your experience you have a broad technical background.
- You have knowledge of motors, frequency converters (Allen Bradley, Danfoss, SIEMENS) and pneumatics.
- Basic knowledge of PLC's (Rockwell Automation and SIEMENS) is interesting.
- Being able to work with MS Office is mandatory.
- As a commissioning engineer, travelling is part of your job. You are willing to work onsite for 3 following weeks and then travel back to Belgium for one week.
- You have good communication skills and speak fluently English and Dutch.
- You like to work independently as well as in a team.
- You are client friendly, service minded, flexible and eager to learn.
- A technically challenging function in a professional and progressive environment, where personal development is important.
- To work at J-Tec means working in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- You can count on internal and external training to specialise in our business and support the growth of your skills and competences.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with experienced and highly motivated colleagues.
- An attractive and competitive salary package.