Construction site manager (international)Back to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 150 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
- You’ll be responsable for managing construction sites, mostly abroad. Herefore you’ll work closely with local subcontractors.
- Onsite, you’ll maintaine the quality, safety, budget and progress of the project.
- During the mounting phase you will stay in close contact with the dedicated project management team and report the evolution of the project and consult them for important decisions.
- You report to the head the of the construction department and you work according a work schedule he determines. In general you’ll work 3 weeks onsite at the client and then be back for 1 week.
- You have a broad interest in mechanical construction techniques and process technology.
- Inherent to this function is your preference to travel abroad and work onsite at the client's yard.
- You can work autonomous and have good communicative skills. Your clear and systematic reporting to the organisation, is very important for the follow up of the project.
- Knowledge of the (petro-)chemical and food sector is an advantage. Most importantly is the possession of relevant experience in mechanical construction.
- You speak fluently English and Dutch. Knowledge of other languages are an asset.
- An international, challenging job at a steady and professional company, where both personal and corporate growth is encouraged.
- You'll be responsable for the realisation of high-end process installations, for some of the most leading companys of the world.
- A permanent role in a growing, international company with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- In-house and external trainings to empower your skills and talent.