Construction site manager (international)Back to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group of companies. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We design and build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance. We execute both green- and brownfield projects of different sizes with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 170 employees (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Thailand and the US.
You will be responsible for managing international mechanical construction sites. Therefore, you’ll work closely with local subcontractors and monitor their work. You will check the correct installation of equipment and resolve or take necessary action if required, perform performance analyses, report the output of the performance analyses,…
On site, you are responsible for the quality, safety, budget and successful progress of the project. You are the go-to person for all questions regarding drawings and installation issues.
During the installation phase, you stay in close contact with the dedicated project management team, report the evolution of the project and consult them for important or major decisions.
You will report to the head of the construction department.
In general, you will work 3 weeks on site at the customer’s premises and then be back home for 1 week.
- You have a broad interest in mechanical construction techniques and process technology.
- Inherent to this function is your preference to travel abroad and work onsite at the client's premises.
- You can work autonomous and have good communication skills. Your clear and systematic reporting, is very important for the follow up of the project.
- Knowledge of the (petro-)chemical and food sector is an advantage. Most importantly is the possession of relevant experience in mechanical construction.
- You speak fluently English. Knowledge of other languages are an asset.
- An international, challenging job at a steady and professional company, where both personal and corporate growth is encouraged.
- You'll be responsible for the realization of high-end process installations, for some of the most leading companies of the world.
- A permanent position in a growing, international company with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- In-house and external trainings to empower your skills and talent.