Electrical project managerBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 160 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
The electrical project manager is the go-to person for complex electrical- & automation engineering related topics. Using your profound electrical engineering knowledge, you advise your colleagues in the conceptual and executive phases of the projects. You will help the electrical engineering department manager with the organisation of the team and the complete realization of large, international projects.
Because of your keen interest in technology and efficiency, you ensure the development and optimalisation of the J-Tec tools. The objective here is to ensure that the tasks of the electrical engineers are performed more efficiently, guarantee better results and raise the level of engineering.
In addition to managing the projects, you will also take care of
- the cable calculations in Caneco BT,
- electrical knowledge support to the J-Tec competence centre,
- monitoring electrical and automation subcontractors
- development of internal training courses related to your field of expertise.
- the content of the electrical information file for the more complex projects and ensure that it is complete.
- You posses a higher technical degree (Bachelor/Master).
- You have relevant experience in managing and executing electrical engineering projects.
- You have knowledge of P&ID, MCL, Risk Assessment, Emergency stops,...
- Profound knowledge of machine guidelines and standards as IEC-60204.
- Knowledge of NEC and of the standards NFPA79 and UL508A is an advantage.
- A challenging function in a professional and progressive environment where personal development is important.
- Internal and external training to specialise in our business and to support the growth of your skills and competences.
- A varied position in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- International job opportunities (Thailand / USA)
- An attractive and competitive salary package.
- You will be part of a multi-disciplined team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues.