Project engineerBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group of companies. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We design and build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance. We execute both green- and brownfield projects of different sizes with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 170 employees (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Thailand and the US.
As a Project engineer, you are a key member of the project’s core team. You are responsible for certain (technical) aspects of the project and support the team in the engineering and entire organization of the project until delivery.
You will report to the project manager and together manage technical projects worldwide for industrial market leaders in the food and chemical industry. We execute projects up to 20 MIO euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
Your responsibilities will be varied and there is an opportunity to continue learn new tasks and skills on the job. You will prepare and request quotations for several types of equipment, prepare and follow up orders, prepare data sheets, organize different types of transport, manage P&ID, assist with as-built documentation, visit suppliers to carry out factory acceptance tests, visit customers for project meetings, follow up onsite the different stages of the project,…
Within the organization you communicate directly with the multidisciplinary team involved in the project: mechanical design, electrical design, automation and construction.
- You own a higher technical degree (Bachelor / Master).
- To have relevant experience is an asset. We do welcome unexperienced candidates as we offer internal, technical training provided by our competence center.
- You have broad technical interests, both practical and theoretical, with general interest in process engineering.
- You speak fluently Dutch and English.
- You know how to keep an overview at all times and possess good organizational skills. You can work independently and at all time keep focus on the planning.
- You are willing to travel abroad for short periods of time for meetings with clients and suppliers.
- You will be part of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues. To encourage the nice collaboration, we organize frequently afterwork drinks or teambuilding activities.
- A technical challenging position in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- A long-term collaboration with an emphasis on personal development.
- Internal and external training to specialize in our business and support the growth of your skills and knowledge.
- A competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits: mealvouchers (8€ / day), ecocheques (250€ / year), bicycle lease, ...
- Flexibility in the organisation and fulfilment of your job, flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.