sales engineerBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 150 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
As a sales engineer you will be responsible for the conceptual design of customized process solutions for our industrial customers in the food and chemical industry. You get the opportunity to specialize in the engineering and design of high-tech process installations and various process solutions.
You select high-end equipment for process installations that you engineer, and for this you are in close contact with various suppliers and the client. You calculate and budget all rates in order to be able to make a customized quotation.
You are responsible for developing and presenting process solutions for our customers’ production processes, based on specific product and capacity information provided.
In particular, you will use your technical knowledge and creativity to ensure that you can offer your customer the best possible ingenious solution.
As a part of the dedicated sales team for one of our niches within the industry, you work closely with the key account manager and form a specialist team.
- You are in the possession of a higher technical degree (Master).
- You have by preference experience in a sales role within a technical industry.
- Background in process engineering or as an application engineer is a plus.
- Industry knowledge of food and/or chemical related customers is a plus.
- You are able to read and interpret technical specification requirements of customers.
- You possess analytical-, creative- and good communicative and language skills (Dutch and English)
- You like to work independently but at the same time you are also looking for a team to be part of and from which you can learn and motivate each other.
- You're eager to learn and interested in the latest technology developments and possess a broad technical knowledge.
- A highly qualified technical position in a progressive environment, where personal development is encouraged and important.
- Internal and external training to specialize in our business and support the growth of your skills and competences.
- The opportunity to be part of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues in a company with an open and no-nonsense culture.
- The familiar character of our company combined with the shared passion for technology provides a unique dynamic between employees and management.
- A varied position in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- A competitive and comprehensive salary package that will continue to increase gradually throughout your career.
- Future international job opportunities as an expat in Thailand or the US.