Mechanical design engineerBack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 150 people (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Thailand and USA.
As a mechanical designer you will design tailor made process installations. You will be responsible for the creation of detailed 2D and 3D layouts. Including drawings with loads for steel structures and floors. The used software therefore is Inventor, Naviswork, Recap and Autocad. If necessary, you will go onsite to take necessary measurements, you are willing to travel abroad for this purpose. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team led by a dedicated project management team. Teamwork, open communication and intermediate feedback are the core elements of this collaboration.
- Besides relevant experience as a mechanical designer you also posses a higher technical degree in Mechanical design (Bachelor or Master).
- Knowledge of piping design of solids & liquids is an asset.
- You have good communications skills and profound knowledge of the Dutch and English languages, both spoken and written.
- As a mechanical design engineer you have a broad technical knowledge with an interest in processes.
- You are willing to travel abroad if necessary.
- You will be part of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues.
- Internal and external training to specialize in our business and support the growth of your skills and knowledge.
- A technical challenging position in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- A long-term commitment with an emphasis on personal development.
- An attractive and competitive salary package.