Sales engineer Tx USABack to overview
J-Tec Material Handling is part of the Katoen Natie group. Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and offers its clients tailor made solutions.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit of the group, offering material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry market leaders, in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We build turnkey process installations for our customers. Our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance. We execute projects up to 20 million euro, with an average implementation time of one to two years.
We are a fast growing company with an international team of more than 160 employees (and counting). We have offices in Belgium, USA, Thailand, Germany and Poland.
We are expanding our local sales team in the US and looking for a sales engineer with a technical background and strong interpersonal skills. This is a mid-level professional position in which you will report to the Sales Manager of North America and where you will be responsible for making individual proposals to the customer. Depending on the scope of the project, you will work individually or together with the Sales Manager. Essentially, you will translate the customer’s needs and ideas into creative solutions and design them to plan (conceptions to design). As a sales engineer you will be the link between the inside sales department and J-Tec’s customers.
- Evaluate and reply to incoming technical enquiries from customers;
- Visit prospects facilities to spot opportunities improving existing production lines…..
- Interface with inside sales and other departments within the company to translate customer needs into a technically correct and commercially attractive proposal;
- Develop a solid relationship with existing and potential key accounts.
- Proactively look for new opportunities and accounts within the process industry in accordance with the established company strategy;
- Promote and represent J-Tec’s business, vision and strategy towards the marketplace (exhibitions, seminars, customer visits …);
- Follow up on all quotes and maintain / update the CRM system
- Negotiate, interpret and close contracts with customers;
- Commercial follow up of contracts during execution phase;
- Travel 25% of your time for commercial visits.
- You possess a higher technical degree (Master).
- You have relevant experience in a sales role within a technical industry.
- Background in process engineering or as an application engineer is a plus.
- Industry knowledge of food and/or chemical related customers is a plus.
- You are able to read and interpret technical specification requirements of customers.
- You possess good analytical-, creative- and communication skills.
- You like to work independently but at the same time you are also looking for a team to be part of and from which you can learn and motivate each other.
- You're eager to learn and interested in the latest technology developments and possess a broad technical knowledge.
- You are willing to travel to Belgium for trainings or important corporate events.
- A highly qualified technical position in a progressive environment, where personal development is encouraged and important.
- Internal and external training to specialize in our business and support the growth of your skills and competences.
- The opportunity to be part of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues in a company with an open and no-nonsense culture.
- The familiar character of our company combined with the shared passion for technology provides a unique dynamic between employees and management.
- A varied function in a growing, international company, with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- A competitive and comprehensive salary package that will continue to increase gradually throughout your career. You can count on additional benefits and PTO.